It’s about that time! You know, the 3 days coming up that we’re all going to boost our metabolisms, clean up our diets and get on the road to a healthier, more fit life! You say, well it’s only 3 days! Yes, right. Well, with these 3 days we can begin to learn to fight temptation, gain confidence in our food choices, say yes to the gym, and know that we have succeeded in a small but mighty feat. I’m going to be so proud of myself after these 3 days, and you should be too! Next up, 7 day detox! Before long we will just be clean eaters all around… well, with a cheat day here, there and everywhere! 😉
I’ll try to keep this short, simple and basic. I want to give you a few of the go-to snacks and meals that I plan to prepare. There are so many more out there. Feel free to critique it to your liking but make sure and follow the rules outlined in the 3 Day Detox Printable.
I plan to eat 6 small meals per day, averaging 250-300 calories each. It’s not all about calories but a big portion of it is. These aren’t the only things you can eat. Venture out, follow the guidelines and have fun with it! Pinterest is FULL of great ideas too. Most of these I’m putting on here are from other amazing bloggers who really have their crap together!
Okay, here we go.
- Overnight Oats (Check out One Lovely Life and the way she does them. Fabulous!)
- Chia Pudding & fruit (Check out recipes from Greatist. Num!)
- Egg & Avocado Toast (Check out the way Simple Green Moms does it!)
- Greek Yogurt Parfait (A Cup Full of Sass keeps it simple and delicious!)
- Juice Plus+ Protein Pancakes (1 scoop JP+ protein powder + 2 eggs + a splash of almond milk. Top with fruit.) Need Juice Plus Complete Protein? Click HERE
- Greek Veggie Hummus Wrap (Flavor The Moments did it best!)
- Salads in a Jar (Lexi’s Clean Kitchen whipped up some wonderful jar combos!)
- Lettuce Wrapped Turkey Tacos (Skinny Ms. has got it going’ on!)
- Greek Chicken Salad found at The Pinning Mama
- Bell Pepper Pizzas created by Peas & Crayons
Dinner: …(of course, you can use the ‘lunch’ recipes too & vice versa.)
- Monster Meatloaf (I make this often. It’s. So. Good! Click here!)
- Salmon with Sweet Potato topped with cottage cheese
- Chicken, quinoa, steamed veggies
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Our Best Bites made it right!)
- Grilled Fish Tacos (Yum. Just yum. Find recipe here!)
- Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls made by Cookie + Kate
Snacks: Because there’s going to be lots of snacking! 🙂
- Carrot sticks and hummus
- Boiled egg with mustard
- Juice Plus+ Complete Protein Shake
- Energy Bites (find recipe at Gimme Some Oven, although there are so many ways to make these!)
- Apple slices with peanut or almond butter
- Fresh fruit salad
- Ants on a log (celery + PB + raisins/craisins)
- Apple slices and sharp cheddar cheese slices
- Wake up and drink a big glass of ice cold lemon water. It will change your life.
- Follow that lemon water up with some hot green tea.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal.
- Feeling hungry and don’t think you should be yet? Try water with an all natural flavor packet (I use Wal-Mart’s Great Value Strawberry Melon packet with no artificial sugar/color in it) and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Helps with those pesky cravings!
- Black coffee with a little honey/stevia/agave. I don’t technically know if this is on a “detox.” Oh well, yolo right?! haha
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, I am not an expert. I may have slapped something on these lists that isn’t perfectly clean but just focus on the main points- portion control, minimal to no sugar, lots of lean protein, tons of veggies, healthy carbs, chugging water, working out. Being super-human, ya know!? Thanks again for joining me, and see ya throughout the process. Follow me on snapchat because I’ll be posting EVERYTHING I eat beginning Monday June 27th through Wednesday June 29th.
SC Username- kadiem1
Also, many of the meals I posted I tagged the link to the website that created the recipe I love, so make sure and click it to get all the ingredients you’ll need to make it.